To combat the spread of noxious weeds, Washington State passed a law in 1969 that mandates their control. In accordance with the law the Klickitat County Noxious Weed Control Board was activated by the Board of County Commissioners in April 1976.
The function of the weed board is to act as a local governing body administering Washington's weed law: Chapter 17.10 RCW. Our mission is to protect Klickitat County lands and natural resources from the degrading impact of noxious weeds.
~ Noxious Weed Control Board Meeting ~ Monday, February 13, 2023 at 2:00 pm, 115 W Court St, Commissioners Chambers, Room 200, Google meet - Phone 1-470-243-0651 PIN 387 104 259# or meet.google.com/pvc-bgnm-frf
Klickitat County Noxious Weed List
Meeting Minutes and Financial Reports
- 11.14.2022 Noxious Weed Control Board Meeting Agenda
- 8.8.2022 Noxious Weed Control Board Meeting Minutes
- 5.9.2022 Noxious Weed Control Board Meeting Minutes
- 2.14.2022 Noxious Weed Control Board Meeting Minutes
- Jan 2022 Monthly Budget Forms
- Feb 2022 Monthly Budget Forms
- Mar 2022 Monthly Financial
- Apr 2022 Monthly Financial
- May 2022 Monthly Financial
- June 2022 Monthly Financial
- July 2022 Monthly Budget Forms
- August 2022 Monthly Budget Forms
- September 2022 Monthly Budget Forms
The state weed law (RCW 17.10.240) gives counties two options for funding local weed boards. One is an appropriation from the county general fund, and the other is through an assessment on land.
View and download a variety of educational weed control documents.
View a list of noxious weeds found in Klickitat County.
View the Weed Control Newsletter
Learn more about the members, meeting times, and responsibilities of the Noxious Weed Control Board.
Find out where noxious weeds come from, what impact they have, how they spread, and more.
View press releases and notices from the Klickitat County Noxious Weed Control Board.
The State enacted RCW 17.10 Noxious Weeds - Control Boards, in 1969 to limit economic loss due to the presence and spread of noxious weeds. Revisions to the law were made in 1987. This weed law mandates the control of many weed species.