- Boards & Commissions
- Noxious Weed Control Board
Noxious Weed Control Board
- 2 p.m.
- Quarterly, 2nd Monday of the month selected for the quarter
- Klickitat County Services Building
115 W Court Street
Goldendale, WA 98620
- Open to the Public
The Klickitat County Noxious Weed Control Board (KCNWCB) consists of five volunteer members who are appointed by the County Commissioners to serve four year terms and a non-voting ex-officio member who is the Director of the WSU Extension Office. At least four of the voting members shall be engaged in the primary production of agricultural products.
- District 1: Aric Lemmon
- District 2: Loren Meagher
- District 3: Craig Schuster
- District 4: Don Slater
- District 5: Dan Andrews
- Ex-Officio: Hannah Brause, WSU Extension Director
- District 1 is bounded by Skamania County to the west and the Klickitat River to the east.
- District 2 is bounded on the west by the Klickitat River and on the east by Highway 97.
- District 3 is bounded by Highway 97 to the west and on the east by Rock Creek Road northward to the Bickleton Highway then eastward to the rangeline between R18E and R19E and then northward along said rangeline.
- District 4 is bounded on the west by Rock Creek Road northward to the Bickleton Highway then eastward to the rangeline between R18E and R19E and northward along said rangeline. On the east by Roosevelt Grade Road northward to East Road and then northward on Matsen Road.
- District 5 is all of Klickitat County east of the Roosevelt Grade Road northward to East Road and then northward on Matsen Road.
About the Board
One of the most serious and fastest growing problems in the West today is the spread and establishment of invasive non-native plants. If not eradicated or controlled, noxious weeds will jeopardize the health of our ecosystem.
To combat the spread of noxious weeds, Washington State passed a law in 1969 that mandates their control. In accordance with the law the Klickitat County Noxious Weed Control Board was activated by the Board of County Commissioners in April 1976.
The function of the weed board is to act as a local governing body administering Washington's weed law: Chapter 17.10 RCW. Our mission is to protect Klickitat County lands and natural resources from the degrading impact of noxious weeds.