Name Change

Any person desiring to change his or her name may file the action in the District Court of his or her residence. A person is free to choose any name that he or she wants provided that it is not done for fraudulent purposes. Forms are available at the District Court Administration Office. The filing fee is $181.50 and are usually set on the 1st Tuesdays and 3rd Thursdays at 11:00 A.M. These dates may change. Please contact West District Court to confirm. 

Superior Court

Name changes may also be filed in Superior Court. Any person requesting that their name change be sealed should file with Superior Court.