This page is meant to provide an overview of passport services in Klickitat County. For more detailed information, visit the U.S. Department of State Travel website.
FILL OUT APPLICATION IN BLACK INK ONLY.
Applications for both card and/or book are available in the County Clerk's Office. You may pick it up, complete it, and then bring it back for execution. Renewal passport applications are also available in our office. These are completed on your own and mailed directly to the agency by yourself.
The passport card is the wallet-size travel document that can only be used to re-enter the United States at land border-crossings and sea ports-of-entry from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda. The card provides a less expensive, smaller, and convenient alternative to the passport book for those who travel frequently to these destinations by land or by sea. The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air.
What to Bring When Applying
1. Completed Passport Application in BLACK INK ONLY.
2. Proof of U.S. Citizenship (i.e. Certified Birth Certificate; Naturalization Certificate)
3. Two (2) Passport photos that meet federal requirements. We do not take photos in office. Information for the requirements can be found HERE
4. Check or Money Order payable to the U.S. Dept. of State
Book: $110/adult (16 and up) $80/child (15 and under)
Card: $30/adult; $15/child
5. We accept card, check, or cash for $35 payable to County Clerk for processing fee in office.
As of Dec. 2018 processing for passports is currently 4-6 weeks from the time of application.
Expedite Service ($60/application) process is 2-3 weeks (overnight mail recommended)
Applicants traveling in less than 3 weeks may call NPIC for an appointment to apply in person (WA State's is located in Seattle) 1-877-487-2778 (NPIC)