- 12/13/22: Continue of 2023 Preliminary Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) and Budget
- 12/06/22: 2023 Preliminary Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) and Budget
- 12/06/22: 2022-4 Supplemental Budget Adjustment
- 11/01/22: 2022-3 Emergency Supplemental
- 10/11/22: CANCELLED 2023 Preliminary CIP and Budget Continued
- 10/04/22: 2023 Preliminary CIP and Budget
- 09/27/22: 2022-2 Supplemental
The Fiscal Services department is responsible for the development and maintenance of the annual county budget. Klickitat County’s budget process follows state requirements specified by RCW 36.40. The Board of County Commissioners is the county’s legislative authority and implements policy by allocating funding to county departments and elected offices. The Director of HR and Administrative Services takes policy directions from the Board of Commissioners and guides the Fiscal Services office. The Fiscal Services office is responsible for coordinating, preparing, updating the county budget, and analytics. The Fiscal Manager presents a balanced budget to the Board of Commissioners that fulfills their policy direction and is within the resources available to the county.
The Fiscal Services office monitors and forecasts revenues and expenses, provides support to departments and elected officials for budget preparation and submission, develops forms and procedures as needed, ensures compliance with budget requirements, and reports updates and findings. The Fiscal Services offices is dedicated to ensuring the budget process is transparent. We promote open communication with all departments and elected officials and strive to provide outstanding customer service.