08/21/2012 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
August 21, 2012
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/REVIEW:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Gordon Kelsey: Public Works/Road Department Update.
10:45 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Administrative Services Director Glen Chipman: Radio project status update.
11:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Personnel Manager Randi Post: Department update some of which may qualify for executive session to discuss personnel qualifications/disciplinary issues and contract negotiations all in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)(d) and/or (g); noting issues of a “general” nature will be discussed in open session.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
08/21/2012 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
August 21, 2012
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. Call To Order/Roll Call
II. Approval Of Business Agenda
III. Approval Of Commissioner Meeting Minutes:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. Citizen Comments:
Comments Will Be Limited To Seven (7) Minutes Per Individual.
V. (1:30): Public Hearings/Public Meetings/Bid Openings:
Public Meeting: Consider acceptance of Binding Site Plan BSP2012-01 which is an alteration of BSP2011-01 and BSP93-02; Applicant: Klickitat County Port District #1, Bingen Point.
Public Hearing: Consider Planning Commission’s recommendations for approval of an amendment to the Klickitat County Zoning Regulations (Ordinance No. 62678) and Klickitat Code Chapter 19.12) to allow clustering of residential lots within the Forest Resource District and setting standards for review and approval of proposals.
VI. (2:00): New Business:
VII. (2:00): Elected Official Report/Update:
Prosecuting Attorney Lori Hoctor: Review of pending, potential and/or threatened litigation which qualifies for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i). Issues of a “general” nature if any will be discussed in open session.
VIII. (2:20): Miscellaneous Reports/Comments:
Ron Ihrig, Director of Operations and Generation, Klickitat County Public Utility District No. 1: Update on the Bickleton Water system project
IX. (2:40): Unfinished Business:
Preservation Committee members – Brenda Sorensen, Dani Burton and Saundra Olson: Project update.
(3:00): Collectively Bargained Agreement, effective January 1, 2012 through December 31, 2014 between Klickitat County and Council 2, Washington State, Council of County and City Employees representing Local 1533, AFSCME AFL-CIO, covering Klickitat County Public Works Road/Survey Crew & Facilities/Grounds Technicians & Specialists.
X. (3:10): Consent Agenda:
1) Lease Agreement between Neil and Velma Van Aelst and Klickitat County (Department of Emergency Management) for the lease of an airplane hangar and surrounding grounds at the Goldendale Airport for the storage of Emergency Management and Search and Rescue vehicles, equipment and supplies.
2) Personnel Authorization for the temporary emergency hire of Shannon Briseno to fill a Clerical Administrative Assistant I position within the Assessor’s Office at Grade 34, Step 1.
3) Personnel Authorization to begin the advertising process to hire to fill one (1) vacant Communications Officer Position within the Emergency Management Department at Union Code 59, Step 1; And Personnel Authorization to begin the advertising process to hire to fill one (1) new Casual Communications Officer Position within the Emergency Management Department at Union Code 59, Step 1.
4) Scheduling a public meeting to be held on Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 1:30 PM to consider acceptance of Short Plat SPL2008-24 an alteration of Lot 1, Hood View Estates; Applicant: Keith Arndt.
5) Professional Services Agreement between Klickitat County (Public Health Department) and Stephanie Horace, an independent contractor to provide professional public health chronic disease prevention services for the Klickitat County Health Department under the Active Community Environment Grant.
6) Resolution in the matter of revising the Public Health Department’s Organizational Chart to replace the Clinical Division Manager position at Grade 70 with a Nurse Practitioner position at Grade 72, effective August 21, 2012 And Personnel Authorization to pay outside the base rate and authorizing placement at Grade 72, Step 1, of the 2012 County pay plan schedule for Erinn Quinn, Clinical Division/Nursing Manager, which reflects Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) credentials.
7) Request for concurrence and acceptance to award bid to Construction Ahead Inc., -dba- Pavement Surface Control for the Countywide Safety Project, Phase I – CRP312 as bid in the amount of $276,328.32.
8) Notice to contractors and scheduling of a bid opening for 1:30 PM on Tuesday, September 4, 2012, for the Grandstand roof Replacement, C10005.
9) Grant Agreement No. 12-65400-028 between Klickitat County (Public Works Department) and the Washington State Department of Commerce, Local Government and Infrastructure Division for the purpose of providing $1,000,000 in Community Development Block Grant General Purpose Grant funding to renovate the community center in the community of Klickitat with the Klickitat School District #402.
XI. (3:15): Payment Approvals/Progress Payments/Change Orders:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XII. (3:20): Board Pending:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting. No workshops scheduled.
08/21/2012 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
August 23, 2012
No workshops scheduled