04/24/2012 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
April 24, 2012
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/REVIEW:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Gordon Kelsey: Public Works/Road Department Update
10:45 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Administrative Services Director Glen Chipman: Radio project status update.
11:15 AM ELECTED OFFICIALS REPORT:
Assessor Darlene Johnson: Revisiting of salaries relative to placement of Clerical Administrative Assistant positions versus new hire placement in the Treasurers Office.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
04/24/2012 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
April 24, 2012
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. Call To Order/Roll Call
II. Approval Of Business Agenda
III. Approval Of Commissioner Meeting Minutes:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. Citizen Comments:
Comments Will Be Limited To Seven (7) Minutes Per Individual.
V. (1:30): Public Hearings/Public Meetings/Bid Openings:
Bid Opening: Purchase of Liquid Asphalt for the 2012 paving season.
Public Meeting: Consider Planning Commission’s recommendation for approval of Shoreline Conditional Use Permit SH2011-01; Applicant: Mark Zoller and Landowner: Thomas Boyd.
VI. (1:45): Consent Agenda:
1) Resolution in the matter of authorizing the Code Compliance Officer to commence proceedings to cause the abatement of a nuisance on Parcel No. 05-17-1752-0004/00; Herbert A. DeJohn, owner.
2) Scheduling a public meeting to be held on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM to consider the Planning Commission’s recommendation for approval of rezone application Zon2011-01; Applicant: Stevenson Land Company.
3) Resolution in the matter of approving a stipend for a Legal Administrative Assistant I position within the Clerk’s Office as compensation for performing additional duties of a higher ranking position effective April 16, 2012 and until the employee on FMLA leave returns to work.
4) Scheduling two (2) Closed Record SEPA Appeal Hearings to be held on Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 2:30 PM on the following proposals:
• Appeal to Environmental Threshold Determination: Determination of Non-Significance SEP2010-00050 (Accessory Dwelling Units). Appellant: The Dallesport Murdock Community Council.
• Appeal to Environmental Threshold Determination: Determination of Non-Significance SEP2010-00051 (Dallesport Murdock Subarea Plan Update). Appellant: The Dallesport Murdock Community Council.
5) Mutual Proprietary Information Agreement between Insitu, Inc. and Klickitat County (Economic Development) to assure the protection and preservation of the proprietary and/or confidential nature of the information to be disclosed or made available to each other pursuant to RCW 42.56.270.
6) Concurrence to Award Bid and Small Works Contract between Crestline Construction Company LLC and Klickitat County (Radio Project) for the “Kayser Ridge Wireless Communication Site KRWCS BT306 Project” for the total bid amount of $162,661.00.
7) Resolution in the matter of the new Emergency Management Director’s position grade placement at Grade 71 as recommended by the Job Classification Committee, effective April 24, 2012; And Personnel Authorization to begin the advertising process to fill the new Emergency Management Director position at Grade 71, Step 1.
8) Resolution in the matter of the Auditor’s Office revised Organizational Chart to reflect the reduction of the Clerical Administrative Assistant II position in the Election Office from 1.0 FTE to 0.8 FTE, effective January 1, 2012.
9) Intergovernmental Agreement between the City of Goldendale, Washington and Klickitat County (Solid Waste Department) for the purpose of providing a system of Solid Waste Handling of all solid waste generated within the City; And for the duration of this Agreement the City shall participate in the Comprehensive Solid Waste Management plan.
10) Signature Authorization for the closing documents to complete the purchase of Lot 2 of Block 1 of the Goldendale Industrial Park for the new 911 Dispatch Center. The purchase of the property and closing costs total $75,800.68.
11) Fairgrounds Licensing Agreement between Klickitat County and the Goldendale Rodeo Booster Club for use of the fairgrounds May 4th through May 6th, 2012 which includes a waiver of the fees in exchange for in kind services.
12) Settlement Agreements for acquisition of right-of-way required by the County for the purpose of reconstruction of a portion of Saxton Bane Road, County Road No. 34100, with various property owners.
VII. (2:00): Elected Official Report/Update:
VIII. (2:00): Miscellaneous Reports/Comments
Rob Swedo. Bonneville Power Administration Regional Relations, and Emmanuel Jaramillo, Project Manager (Big Eddy-Knight Transmission Line project): Project status update on the Big Eddy-Knight Transmission Pilot Project relative to county road issues; quarry sites and any other issues and/or concerns from the county perspective regarding the project..
IX. (2:30): Unfinished Business:
Administrative Services Director Glen Chipman: First Quarter 2012 budget meeting with Elected Officials and Department Directors.
X. (3:30): New Business:
XI. (3:30): Department Update:
Public Health Director Kevin Barry: Discuss health department budget, state budget impacts, and future funding issues.
XII. (3:45): Payment Approvals/Progress Payments/Change Orders:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XIII. (3:55): Board Pending:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIV. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting. No workshops scheduled.
04/24/2012 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
April 26, 2012
No Workshops Scheduled.