01/03/2012 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
January 3, 2012
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Gordon Kelsey: Public Works/Road Department Update.
10:45 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Administrative Services Director Glen Chipman: Radio project status update.
11:00: Public Safety Advisory Board: Activities update and presentation of management recommendations for the radio system and management of a dispatch center.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
01/03/2012 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
January 3, 2012
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. Call To Order/Roll Call.
II. Election of Chairman and Vice Chairman for the 2012 Calendar Year.
Resolution in the matter of reorganization of the Klickitat County Board of Commissioners and election of Chairman and Vice-Chairman for the 2012 calendar year.
III. Approval Of Commissioner Meeting Minutes:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. Citizen Comments:
Comments Will Be Limited To Seven (7) Minutes Per Individual.
V. (1:30): Public Hearings/Public Meetings/Bid Openings:
VI. (1:30): Miscellaneous Reports/Comments:
VII. (1:45): Consent Agenda:
1) Board of Commissioner appointments to various Boards and Committees representing Klickitat County.
2) Contract Documents and Specifications for the Construction of City of The Dalles/Klickitat County Columbia Gorge Regional/The Dalles Municipal Airport Runway 12-30 Rehabilitation – North, Airport Improvement Program, Project No. AIP3-41-0059-009 with Granite Construction Company.
3) Consent and Waiver by Owner, Landlord or Mortgagee of Real Estate wherein the City of The Dalles and Klickitat County acknowledge that CNC Associates Inc. is the owner of the machinery, equipment, or other personal property described in Attachment A to this agreement and located at 35 Airport Way, Dallesport, Washington which is occupied by American Aerospace Engineering LLC, as tenant.
4) Scheduling a public hearing to be held on Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 1:30 PM to consider a Settlement Agreement to settle litigation between Klickitat County and the Confederated Tribes and Bands of the Yakama Nation (“Nation”) over the Nation’s appeal of SEPA Threshold Determination 2010-45, on the Husum/BZ Planning Area Update. As part of the Agreement, the Board will consider proposed regulations addressing cultural resource issues.
5) Joint Resolution of the Clark, Klickitat and Skamania Board of County Commissioners appointing Christopher O’Malley to an unexpired term as Clark County’s designee on the Fort Vancouver Regional Library Board of Trustees.
6) Resolution in the matter of scheduling of a public hearing to be held at 1:30 PM on Tuesday, January 24, 2012 to consider adding a new section to Klickitat County Code Chapter 2 by adding a new Chapter 2.90 titled “Sheriff Civil Fees”.
7) Settlement Agreements between Klickitat County (Public Works) and various property owners for acquisition of right-of-way required by the County for the purpose of reconstruction of a portion of Saxton Bane Road, County Road No. 34100 in Section 24, Township 4 North, Range 17 East, W.M.
8) Scheduling a public meeting to be held on Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 1:30 PM to consider approval of alteration of Lot 2, SP80-15, Short Plat No. SPL2011-06; Applicants: Palmer, Dale & Cindy.
9) Washington State Department of Transportation Supplemental Agreement #2 between Klickitat County (Public Works) and HWA GeoSciences Inc. for the purpose of extending the completion date to October 31, 2012 and adds $30,000 to the original agreement for On-Call geotechnical services.
10) Resolution in the matter of the reclassification of the Alternative Detention Coordinator/Probation Counselor Assistant position in the Juvenile Department from Grade 36 to 37, step 10 and approval of the revised job description and Juvenile Department Organizational chart.
VIII. (2:00): Elected Official Report/Update:
Prosecuting Attorney Lori Hoctor: Review of pending, potential and/or threatened litigation which qualifies for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i). Issues of a “general” nature if any will be discussed in open session.
IX. (2:15): New Business:
Senior Services Director Sharon Carter: Personnel classification discussion.
X. (2:45): Payment Approvals/Progress Payments/Change Orders:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XI. (3:00): Unfinished Business:
XII. (4:00): Board Pending:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting. No workshops scheduled.
01/03/2012 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
January 5, 2012
No workshops scheduled