12/13/2011 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
December 13, 2011
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Gordon Kelsey: Public Works/Road Department Update.
10:45 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Administrative Services Director Glen Chipman: Radio project status update.
11:00 AM ANNUAL PERFORMANCE EVALUATION:
Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(g) for the annual performance evaluation of a public employee.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
12/13/2011 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
December 13, 2011
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. Call To Order/Roll Call
II. Approval Of Business Agenda
III. Approval Of Commissioner Meeting Minutes:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. Citizen Comments:
Comments Will Be Limited To Seven (7) Minutes Per Individual.
V. (1:30): Public Hearings/Public Meetings/Bid Openings:
Public Meeting: Consider acceptance of short plat application SPL2010-16 to divide lot 4 of SPL2002-37 into 3 lots; Applicant: Des & Sheryl Verley.
Public Meeting: Consider a request to extend the deadline for final approval of short plat application SPL2009-29 by an additional six (6) months; Applicants: Rick Graves and Lori Clark.
VI. (1:45): Consent Agenda:
1) Assignment of Interlocal Agreement and Amendment No. 1 to the State of Washington Department of General Administration Intergovernmental Agreement No. 2010-WPC-195 for the Office of State Procurement/State Purchasing Cooperative.
2) Klickitat County Public Defender Contract/Klickitat County Superior Court between Klickitat County and Gwendolyn L. Grundei, Joy Duggan and Christopher Lanz to provide indigent legal counsel representation.
3) Authorization for the Klickitat County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office to purchase ten (10) 2010 Microsoft Office Pro software licenses from state bid/contract.
4) Grant Agreement G1200261 between the State of Washington Department of Ecology and Klickitat County (Natural Resources Department) for the purpose of providing funding for the Rock Creek Headwater Habitat Enhancement Project, WRIA 31.
5) Amendment 3 to Intergovernmental Agreement (C21808) between Klickitat County (Natural Resource Department) and the Central Klickitat Conservation District (CKCD) for implementation of WRIA 30 Watershed Management Plan. Through DOE Grant G1200163 CKCD will be reimbursed for expenditures under Task 2.1 for conducting stream flow gauging during the low flow season.
6) Letters and Resolution in the matter of reappointing Rick Graves, Position No. 3, representing Commissioner District No. 1 and Mat Spalding, Position No. 2, representing Commissioner District No. 3 to the Klickitat County Planning Commission to additional four (4) year terms, expiring January 1, 2016.
7) Resolution in the matter of the Solid Waste Department revised Organizational Chart to reflect a change in duties and hours for the office manager position to Clerical Administrative Assistant II, Grade 35, Step 4, effective January 1, 2012.
8) County Property Lease Agreement between Klickitat County (Public Works) and the Klickitat Historical Preservationists to lease a portion of property owned by the County in Klickitat, Washington to place an Historic Train Caboose.
9) Resolution in the matter of reauthorization granting authority to the Public Works Director and the Public Works Finance Manager to request, in writing, that the County Treasurer make investments on behalf of various funds within the Public Works Department.
10) Amendment C to Agreement No. E10-181 between the Washington State Military Department and Klickitat County (Emergency Management) for the purpose of extending the expiration date to February 15, 2012.
11) Right-of-way easement granting Public Utility District No. 1 of Klickitat County a perpetual waterline easement over, under and across property owned by Klickitat County for a domestic water line and appurtenances as needed to provide domestic water service to the Lyle School District.
12) Resolution in the matter of the Assessor’s Office revised Organizational Chart and job descriptions to reflect three (3) Clerical Administrative Assistant III positions; And Resolution in the matter of the Assessor’s Office revised Organizational Chart and job descriptions to reflect the change in rating of the Supervisor Assessor to Grade 69, Senior Property Appraiser to Grade 67, and the Senior Property Record Specialist to Grade 67, effective February 1, 2011. The Assessor is also proposing to reduce staff by 1 FTE.
VII. (1:50): New Business:
Regular meeting of the Klickitat County Public Corporation
VIII. (2:00): Elected Official Report/Update:
Prosecuting Attorney Lori Hoctor: Review of pending, potential and/or threatened litigation which qualifies for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i). Issues of a “general” nature if any will be discussed in open session.
IX. (2:20): Payment Approvals/Progress Payments/Change Orders:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
X. (2:30): Miscellaneous Reports/Comments:
Water Conservancy Board Members: Annual project update.
XI. (2:45): Unfinished Business:
Dave Guenther and Jim Hill (Central Klickitat Conservation District) and Ron Schultz (Washington State Conservation Commission): Discussion regarding the state’s Voluntary Stewardship Program for counties.
(3:30): Public Hearing Continued/Closed to further public comment: Adoption of the Klickitat County Six Year Road Transportation Improvement Program for the years 2012-2017.
Adoption of the 2012 Annual Road Construction Program.
Public Hearing/Continued/Closed to further public comment: Adoption of the Klickitat County Capital Improvement Plan from 2012-2017.
Public Hearing/Continued/Closed to further public comment Resolution in the matter of Adoption of the 2012 tax levy for the General Fund, Election Reserve Fund, Mental Health and the Veterans Relief Fund;
Resolution in the matter of establishing the 2012 Road Levy;
Resolution establishing the 2012 Klickitat County Budget.
XII. (3:50): Board Pending:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting to 11:30 AM on Thursday, December 15, 2011 for scheduled workshops.
12/13/2011 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
December 15, 2011