06/07/2011 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
June 7, 2011
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Gordon Kelsey: Public Works/Road Department Update
11:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Economic Development Director Mike Canon: Department Update.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
06/07/2011 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
June 7, 2011
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. Call To Order/Roll Call
II. Approval Of Business Agenda
III. Approval Of Commissioner Meeting Minutes:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. Citizen Comments:
Comments Will Be Limited To Seven (7) Minutes Per Individual.
V. (1:30): Public Hearings/Public Meetings/Bid Openings:
Bid Opening: Replace Courthouse Main Entrance Doors, Project N10001, Federal Contract F10-52110-034 (grant funded).
Public Hearing: Consider Settlement Agreement and Addendum No. 3 to the Solid Waste Handling Agreement between Klickitat County and Allied Waste Industries Inc. by amending Section 9.6 of the Agreement and Section 33 – Term—resulting from acceptance of an offer for settlement of a pending action between Klickitat County and Allied Waste Industries Inc.
Public Hearing: Consider a petition to withdraw certain territory from the boundaries of Fire Protection District No. 3.
VI. (2:10): Miscellaneous Reports/Comments:
VII. (2:10): Consent Agenda:
1) Amendment for the purpose of Notice and Customer Consent to the assignment of contract obligations from Eagle Information Systems, Inc. to Techline Communications, Inc for imaging services contracted with Klickitat County (Clerk’s Office).
2) Resolution in the matter of authorizing the Code Compliance Officer to commence proceedings to cause the abatement of a nuisance located on Parcel No. 06-10-2500-0022/00; John David & Martha Jane Hylton & Nathaniel A. Johnson; And Resolution in the matter of authorizing the Code Compliance Officer to commence proceedings to cause the abatement of a nuisance located on Parcel No. 02-15-1750-0103/00; Peter Larkin Bookmyer & Thad Bookmyer.
3) Resolution in the matter of providing a stipend for Ms. Kate Mathews, Chief Deputy Prosecuting Attorney to recognize the additional appellate assignments for the period of June 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011; And effective June 1, 2011 Ms. Kate Mathews’ appointment will be moved from a temporary appointment to a full time appointment with a salary placement of Grade 73, Step 1.
4) Resolution in the matter of requesting approval by the Health Care Authority to participate in the Washington State Insurance Plans for the employees of Klickitat County, subject to the requirements of RCW 41.04.205 and the rules adopted there under and subject to Board of County Commissioners’ final approval to participate.
5) State of Washington, Department of Commerce, Associate Development Organization (ADO) Affirmation/Designation form wherein Klickitat County affirms and designates Klickitat County Public Economic Development Authority as the ADO.
6) Renewal of the Products and Services Agreement between Klickitat County (Budget and Technical Services Division) and Centurylink Sales Solutions, Inc. for the maintenance of the telephone equipment in Goldendale and White Salmon.
7) Resolution in the matter of providing a stipend of five hundred dollars ($500.00) per pay period for Robert Allen, Chief Communications Deputy to recognize the additional job duties of the Communications Supervisor position which has been vacant since December 31, 2010. The stipend shall be retroactive to January 1, 2011 and the performance of the Communications Supervisor shall not impact the provision of services required as Chief Communications Deputy. Compensation will be provided until a Communications Supervisor can be hired.
8) Agreement between the Klickitat County (Sheriff’s Office) and the Washington Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs to provide $18,525.00 in funding from the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, Washington Association of Sheriffs & Police Chiefs for reimbursement for expenses directly related to the investigation of methamphetamine cases, effective January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2012.
9) Interagency Agreement Marijuana Eradication 2011, WSP Contract #C110853FED and Certifications between the Washington State Patrol and Klickitat County (Sheriff’s Department) to provide funding to local law enforcement agencies to support the locating and eradication of illicit cannabis plants and the investigation and prosecution of cases involving controlled substances. This agreement is effective January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011 with a maximum contract amount of $16,000.00.
10) Fairgrounds Licensing Agreement between Klickitat County (Public Works Department) and the Klickitat Valley Chapter of the Fellowship of Christian Cowboys for a youth Rodeo Bible Camp to be held July 16-25, 2011 and a request for a waiver of a portion of the fees ($4,570.00) in exchange for providing their own shavings, cleaning the stalls and restrooms, taking care of the grooming of the arenas during the event and providing two days cleaning of the grandstands.
VIII. (2:15): New Business:
IX. (2:15): Elected Official Report/Update:
Prosecuting Attorney Lori Hoctor: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
X. (2:30): Unfinished Business
Resolution containing findings, conclusions, conditions in support of Board motion of Tuesday, May 17, 2011 granting approval of an alternation of Lots 1-4, SPL2006-79; an alteration of Lot 3, SPL2006-50; and a vacation of a portion of Lot 4, SPL2006-50, Short Plat No. SPL2011-009; Applicant: Glen Affric, LLC.
(2:40): Elected Officials Report/Update:
Add-On County Auditor Brenda Sorensen: Department update which may involve personnel issues some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)(g).
XI. (2:45): Payment Approvals/Progress Payments/Change Orders:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XII. (3:00): Board Pending:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting. No workshops scheduled.
06/07/2011 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
June 9, 2011
No workshops scheduled