09/11/2007 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
September 11, 2007
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Scott Smith: Public Works/Road Department Update
11:00 AM ELECTED OFFICIALS REPORT:
County Auditor Brenda Sorensen: Department update.
11:15 AM ELECTED OFFICIALS REPORT:
Sheriff Rick McComas: Department Update.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
09/11/2007 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
September 11, 2007
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
II. APPROVAL OF BUSINESS AGENDA
III. APPROVAL OF COMMISSIONER MEETING MINUTES:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
COMMENTS WILL BE LIMITED TO SEVEN (7) MINUTES PER INDIVIDUAL.
V. (1:30): PUBLIC HEARINGS/PUBLIC MEETINGS/BID OPENINGS:
Public Meeting: Consider approval of alteration to Lot 2, SP-99-47, Short Plat No. SPL2006-70; Applicants: David and Angela Teel.
Public Meeting: Consider approval of Boundary Line Adjustment No. BLA2007-12; Applicants: Whitney Miller and Michael Brislawn.
Public Meeting Consider approval of alteration of Lots 3 & 4, BLA99-08, Short Plat No. SPL2007-30; Applicants: Donnie and Wendy Hodges.
(2:00): Public Hearing: Consider supplemental appropriations and amendments to the 2007 Budget for various departments and funds in the amount of $632,367.
VI. (2:15): NEW BUSINESS:
VII. (2:15): CONSENT AGENDA:
1) Alternative work schedule for the Finance Manager position (exempt position) within the Public Works Department allowing a 4 day/10 hour per day work week beginning at 7:30 AM and ending at 6:30 PM Monday through Thursday of each week effective September 1, 2007 through September 1, 2010.
2) Resolution in the matter of allocating this year's Secure Rural Schools funding between Title II and Title III projects allocating 15' of the County’s full payment amount for expenditure on projects under Title II and Title III of P.L. 106-393.
3) Scheduling public meetings as follows:
Public Meeting to be held on Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 1:30 PM:
Consider approval of Boundary Line Adjustment No. BLA2006-25; Applicant: SDS Company;
Public Meetings to be held on Tuesday, October 16, 2007 at 1:30 PM:
Consider approval for alteration of Lot 2, SP-92-22, Short Plat No. SPL2007-16; Applicant: Dan Ellett; AND, Consideration of acceptance of road right-of-way, (Pipeline Road), Short Plat No. SPL2007-39, Applicant: Tom Ireland.
Public Meetings to be held on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 1:30 PM:
Consider approval of Boundary Line Adjustment No. BLA2006-09; Applicant: Dan Damyanovich; AND, Consideration approval of alteration of Lot 12, BLA2005-07 (Mt. View Orchards), Short Plat No. SPL2006-46; Applicant: Judi Cyrus.
4) County Property Lease Agreement between Klickitat County (Building/Grounds) and Mid-Columbia Children’s Council, Inc. to lease the west half of the Dallesport Community Center which includes the kitchen area for their Head Start Program.
5) Personnel Authorization to begin the advertising process to fill the .75 FTE position of Volunteer Coordinator (formerly CASA Program Specialist) in the Juvenile Department at a Range 10, Step A ($12.92 per hour). This position was approved on July 31, 2007 and is a grant funded position.
6) Resolution in the matter of revising the departmental organizational chart in the Senior Services Department by reducing the hours of the Administrative Assistant II position in the White Salmon Office to .75 FTE (30 hours per week).
7) Resolution in the matter of revising the departmental organizational chart for the Budget and Technical Services Department by reclassifying the Technical Services Manager position from a Range 17 to a Range 18 to more accurately compensate for the responsibilities of the position.
8) Personnel Authorization to begin the advertising process to fill the vacant Technical Services Manager position in the Budget and Technical Services Department from a Range 18, Step A ($3295 per month) to a Range 18, Step D ($3549 a month). This position has been vacant since April 30, 2007.
9) Contract Amendment No. 1, DSHS Agreement No. 0663-99027-02, between the State of Washington Department of Social and Health Services, Alternative Response System Services and Klickitat County (Health Department) extending the period of performance by six months for a new end date of December 31, 2007.
10) Professional Services Agreement between Klickitat County (Public Health Department) and Central Washington Comprehensive Mental Health to provide Drug Intervention Support and Education for Youth (DISEY) classes.
11) Resolution in the matter of temporary closure of Randall Road, County Road No. 21860 from Mile Post 2.61 to Mile Post 4.16 for a certain cross-country event scheduled for October 27 and 28, 2007. Costs of posting, advertising and signing will be the responsibility of the event sponsor.
12) Interlocal Cooperation Agreement/Bridge Inspection between Klickitat County (Public Works Department) and Benton County to utilize Benton County personnel to inspect bridges with the Bridge Inspection Team to complete the inspections before the end of the year.
VIII. (2:20): UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
Personnel Director Lori Wolford: Health Insurance renewal update.
IX. (2:35): ELECTED OFFICIAL REPORT/UPDATE:
Prosecuting Attorney Tim O’Neill: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
X. (3:00): UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
Consolidated Public Hearing/Continued/Closed to Further Public Testimony: Consisting of a “Closed Record” hearing to consider two SEPA appeals filed by appellants C. L. Newport et al and Columbia River Keepers to the issuance of a Mitigated Determination of Non-Significance (SEP2007-26) for proposed short plats SPL2007-36 and SPL2007-37, submitted by applicant 5 M LLC, represented by Todd Meislahn and an “Open Record” hearing on the proposed short plats. The proposed short plats are located within a portion of the northeast quarter of Section 10, Township 3 north, Range 13 east, W.M. west of Hartland Road (High Prairie vicinity).
XI. (3:15): PAYMENT APPROVALS/PROGRESS PAYMENTS/CHANGE ORDERS:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
XII. (3:20): BOARD PENDING:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting to 2:30 PM on Monday, September 10, 2007 to attend a Joint Public Hearing of the Yakima, Benton and Klickitat County Commissioners for the purpose of considering approval of the Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP). The DIP is the implementation strategy for the Yakima River Basin Watershed Management Plan which was previously adopted by the Counties. The hearing will be held at the Yakima County Courthouse, Room 33B, Yakima, WA.
AND to 1:30 PM on Thursday, September 13, 2007 for scheduled workshops.
09/11/2007 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
September 13, 2007
1:30/2:00 Building and Code Compliance Director Skip Grimes and Code Compliance Officer Joyce DeVries: Nuisance Abatement
2:00/3:00 Chief Financial Officer Glen Chipman: Senior programs review update.
3:00/4:00 Chief Financial Officer Glen Chipman: 2008 Budget
4:00/4:45 Emergency Management Executive Advisory Board
5:30 EDA Board