06/12/2007 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
June 12, 2007
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Scott Smith: Public Works/Road Department Update
11:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Mike Canon Economic Development Department Director: Department update.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
06/12/2007 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
June 12, 2007
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
II. APPROVAL OF BUSINESS AGENDA
III. APPROVAL OF COMMISSIONER MEETING MINUTES:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
COMMENTS WILL BE LIMITED TO SEVEN (7) MINUTES PER INDIVIDUAL.
V. (1:30): PUBLIC HEARINGS/PUBLIC MEETINGS/BID OPENINGS:
Public Meeting: Consider preliminary approval of Large Lot Subdivision No. SUB2007-04; Owner/Applicant: Glen Affric, LLC; Representatives: Colin Chisholm//Stuart Chisholm.
Public Meeting: Consideration of final approval for Plat No. SUB2006-01 (Columbia Vineyard Subdivision); Applicant: Brad Gearhart.
VI. (2:00): MISCELLANEOUS REPORTS/COMMENTS:
Candy Didier, Klickitat County Services Director/Central Washington Comprehensive Mental Health: Mental health programs update.
VII. (2:30): NEW BUSINESS:
Sheriff Rick McComas and Undersheriff Erik Anderson: Bingen Point proposed fireworks display and request for law enforcement assistance.
VIII. (2:45): UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
Chief Financial Officer Glen Chipman: Selection of a vendor for Communications Project CP-2007-1 and request for authorization to proceed with negotiation of a contract.
Contract Provisions and Plans between Klickitat County and Crestline Construction Co. LLC. for improvements to 0.7 miles of Bristol Road, County Road No. 11670, CRP 267, as bid in the amount of $217,695.
IX. (3:00): CONSENT AGENDA:
1) Resolution setting a public hearing to be held at 2:00 PM on Thursday, July 12, 2007 to consider three (3) applications for reclassification from Designated Forest Land to Open Space Open Space for current use tax assessments under Chapter 84.34 RCW; involving a total of five (5) parcels consisting of 324.84 acres; Applicant/Owner: Columbia Land Trust.
2) Human Services Council Contract Instruction #CI-SWAA-Klickitat County Senior Services-2007-02, amending Contract No. 07-SWAA-01 to correct an error by ending the Medicaid Case Management match of $1.24. Inclusion of this reference was in error and is being deleted from the agreement with an effective date of January 1, 2007.
3) Request for a transfer of funds between budget categories within Sheriff’s Department in the amount of $51,300 to reflect increases in various PAL (Police Activities League) line items to establish a budget for the PAL program with offsets coming from reductions in other areas of the Sheriff’s budget.
4) State of Washington County Road Administration Board Rural Arterial Program Project Agreement for Construction Proposal to improve Lakeside Road, County Road No. 19270, from Milepost 0.00 to Milepost 2.20; AND State of Washington County Rural Administration Board Rural Arterial Program Project Agreement for Construction Proposal to improve Horseshoe Bend Road, County Road No. 22140, from Milepost 5.09 to Milepost 10.67.
5) Contract Agreement between Klickitat County (Health Department) and Wishram School for the purpose of providing substance abuse prevention services within the county by providing a Cinco de Mayo field trip to Portland, an art camp for students and install a climbing wall at the Wishram School.
6) Contract Agreement between Klickitat County (Health Department) and the Klickitat Community Council for the purpose of providing substance abuse prevention services within the county by providing four free sessions of karate for Klickitat youth.
7) Contract Agreement between Klickitat County (Health Department) and the Dallesport Fire Awareness Club for the purpose of providing substance abuse prevention services within the county by providing a paintball field trip for Dallesport youth.
8) Addendum No. 1 to the Agreement to Designate Haul Routes, Haul Route Agreement No. White Creek 2006-1, (C18206) between Klickitat County and White Creek Project, LLC.
9) Letter and certificate of appreciation thanking Bob Niemela for his past service as a member of the Board of Equalization representing Commissioner District No. 3; AND Resolution in the matter of appointing Bob Moco of Goldendale, Washington to serve as a member of the Klickitat County Board of Equalization representing Commissioner District No. 3. Appointment will be to a three (3) year term effective July 1, 2007 and expiring June 30, 2010.
10) Memorandum from the Planning Department scheduling a public meeting to be held on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 at 1:30 PM to consider approval of Boundary Line Adjustment No. BLA2007-08; Applicant: Clair Nafziger.
X. (3:05): ELECTED OFFICIAL REPORT/UPDATE:
Prosecuting Attorney Tim O’Neill: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
XI. (3:20): PAYMENT APPROVALS/PROGRESS PAYMENTS/CHANGE ORDERS:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XII. (3:25): BOARD PENDING:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting to 10:30 AM on Thursday, June 14, 2007 for scheduled workshops
06/12/2007 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
June 14, 2007
10:30/12:00 Chief Financial Officer Glen Chipman: 2008 Budget, copier technology.
1:00/1:30 Board pending issues
1:30/2:00 Building and Code Compliance Director Skip Grimes and Code Compliance Officer Joyce DeVries: Nuisance Abatement
2:00/2:45 Executive Session: Annual Performance Evaluation
2:45/3:30 Jon DeVaney, State Director, USDA Rural Development, and Randy Baird, Area Director, Yakima Area Office: Presentation on Rural Development programs.
3:30/4:00 Board of Health
4:00/4:45 Executive Session: Annual Performance Evaluation