05/08/2007 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
May 8, 2007
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
9:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Chief Financial Officer Glen Chipman: 2008 Budget, department update/review.
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Scott Smith: Public Works/Road Department Update
11:00AM ELECTED OFFICIAL REPORT:
Sheriff Rick McComas: Department Update.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
05/08/2007 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
May 8, 2007
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
II. APPROVAL OF BUSINESS AGENDA
III. APPROVAL OF COMMISSIONER MEETING MINUTES:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
COMMENTS WILL BE LIMITED TO SEVEN (7) MINUTES PER INDIVIDUAL.
V. (1:30): PUBLIC HEARINGS/PUBLIC MEETINGS/BID OPENINGS:
Bid Opening: Purchase of a new commercial grade compact zero turn riding lawn tractor for use at the County Fairgrounds.
Public Hearing: Consider an appeal to the Planning Commission’s recommendation of denial to a rezone request ZON2006-09 to rezone 80 acres from Extensive Agriculture (EA 20) to Rural (RRL 10); Owner/Appellant: Terry and Sharon Mills. The property is located within a portion of Section 26, Township 5 North, Range 22 east, W.M., off Six Prong Extension (Alderdale vicinity)
VI. (2:00): UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
Findings of fact and conclusion in support of Board action on Tuesday, May 1, 2007 to reject the appeal and uphold the Planning Commission’s recommendation to deny rezone request ZON2006-10; Owner/Appellant: Adams View Properties & Rohrbacher Family LLC.: Representatives: David Telford and George Rohrbacher.
VII. (2:10): CONSENT AGENDA:
1) Agreement between Klickitat County and The Goldendale Sentinel for publication of all legal notices and delinquent tax lists as well as notices to be published by newspapers of “general circulation” effective July 1, 2007, terminating June 30, 2008.
2) Agreement between Klickitat County and The Enterprise for publication of all legal notices and delinquent tax lists as well as notices to be published by newspapers of “general circulation” effective July 1, 2007, terminating June 30, 2008.
3) Memorandum from the Planning Department scheduling a public meeting for 1:30 PM on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 to consider a waiver of road right-of-way requirements for Short Plat No. SPL2007-31; Applicant: Karl Schuemann.
4) Memorandum from the Planning Department scheduling a public meeting for 1:30 PM on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 to consider approval of road construction bond for Short Plats SPL2006-09, SPL2006-11, and SPL2006-12; Applicants: Lancaster, Gunkel and Schmidt; AND scheduling a public meeting for 1:30 PM on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 to consider approval for preliminary approval of Large Lot Subdivision No. SUB2007-05; Applicant: Gayle Holm.
5) Settlement Agreement between Klickitat County and Jay R. Dunn and Patricia L. Dunn for acquisition of right-of-way required for the purpose of reconstruction of a portion of Snowden Road #11000 in consideration of $4,049.00.
6) Contract Agreement between Klickitat County (Health Department) and Victoria Tennant for the purpose of providing substance abuse prevention services within the county effective from May 9, 2007 until May 11, 2007 with a not-to-exceed amount of $1,264.
7) Resolution, letter and certificate of appreciation accepting the resignation of Brooks Heard as a commissioner of the Klickitat County Water Conservancy Board as a water right holder effective May 15, 2007 and acceptance of the resignation of Don Smith as an alternate member of the Water Conservancy Board both effective May 15, 2007; AND the appointment of Don Smith to the Klickitat County Water Conservancy Board as a commissioner and water right holder to complete the unexpired six (6) year term left vacant by the resignation of Brooks Heard which expires August 1, 2007 and appointment to a six (6) year term effective August 1, 2007, expiring August 1, 2013.
8) Contract Agreement between Klickitat County (Juvenile Department) and Johnathan Maletz for the purpose of providing youth and family services through functional family therapy.
9) Intergovernmental Agreement between City of The Dalles and Klickitat County regarding the use of Columbia Regional Airport generated funds to retire a portion of City debt to rehabilitate the Airport well by utilizing connection fees and a portion of the rent to retire 50' of its loan from the Port of The Dalles.
10) Recommendation and request from the Sheriff’s Department (Option 1) for authorization to purchase three (3) 2007 Ford Explorers from State bid/contract at a cost of $52,888.65 plus applicable sales tax of $4,074.63 (7.7') and trauma care fee of $19.50 for a total of $56,982.78. The authorization is also to purchase necessary equipment/installation costs for the three (3) new vehicles at a cost of $24,110.31 for a total request (vehicles and equipment) of $81,093.09.
11) Contract Agreement between Klickitat County and Pioneer Surveying and Engineering, Inc. to review and evaluate the Bear Creek drainage issue in Trout Lake. The contract amount of $4,000 was not included in the 2007 Road Fund budget. The completion date is June 1, 2007.
VIII. (2:15): NEW BUSINESS:
IX. (2:15): ELECTED OFFICIAL REPORT/UPDATE:
Prosecuting Attorney Tim O’Neill: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
X. (2:30): PAYMENT APPROVALS/PROGRESS PAYMENTS/CHANGE ORDERS:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XI. (3:00): MISCELLANEOUS REPORTS/COMMENTS:
Pete Keller, Allied Waste Industries General Manager, Matt Henry, Roosevelt Regional Landfill General Manager, Tim Hopkinson, Solid Waste Director, Prosecuting Attorney Tim O’Neill, Steve DiJulio, Special Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, and Kevin Barry, Public Health Director: General landfill update and contract issues/negotiations some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)(d).
XII. (4:00): BOARD PENDING:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners.
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting to 1:30 PM on Thursday, May 10, 2007 for scheduled workshops
05/08/2007 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
May 10, 2007:
1:30/2:00 Building and Code Compliance Director Skip Grimes and Code Compliance Officer Joyce DeVries: Nuisance Abatement
2:00/4:00 Chief Financial Officer Glen Chipman: 2008 Budget, department update/review.
Telephone Conference with Representative Jim Moeller, Member of the Human Services Council Board of Directors: Human Services Council organization issues.
5:30 EDA Board