01/16/2007 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
January 16, 2007
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
9:30 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Lobbyist Jim Potts: Telephone conference to provide legislative update.
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Scott Smith: Public Works/Road Department update
11:00 AM ELECTED OFFICIALS REPORT:
County Auditor Brenda Sorensen: Department update
11:15 AM ELECTED OFFICIALS REPORT:
Sheriff Rick McComas: Department update.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
01/16/2007 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
January 16, 2007
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
II. APPROVAL OF BUSINESS AGENDA
III. APPROVAL OF COMMISSIONER MEETING MINUTES:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
COMMENTS WILL BE LIMITED TO SEVEN (7) MINUTES PER INDIVIDUAL.
V. (1:30): PUBLIC HEARINGS/PUBLIC MEETINGS/BID OPENINGS:
Public Meeting: Consider Planning Commission recommendation to approve an amendment to the Klickitat County Shoreline Master Plan. The amendment corrects an error in the Plan relating to solid waste handling at the Roosevelt Intermodal Facility. Although the Facility is used for solid waste handling, this use may have been inadvertently prohibited under the County Shoreline Master Plan. The 1990 Plan update included a blanket prohibition on solid waste handling in shoreline areas, which include shorelines at the Facility.
VI. (2:00): CONSENT AGENDA:
1) State of Washington/County Road Administration Certification of the 2007 Road Levy and Estimated Revenue Produced pursuant to WAC 136-150-021. The total road levy fixed in accordance with RCW 36.40.090 is $1.719 per thousand with a road district valuation of $1,255,215,693.00 for total revenue produced of $2,157,715.78.
2) Resolution scheduling a public hearing to be held at 2:30 PM on Thursday, February 8, 2007 to consider an application for classification as open space land for current use tax assessments under Chapter 84.34 RCW.
3) Agreement for Digital Data Sharing between Klickitat County and Western Land Services for specific digital data compiled by the Public Works Department in an ArcView “shape” file format in consideration of a $250.00 fee.
4) Scheduling a public meeting for 1:30 PM on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 to consider approval of alteration to Lot 1, of amended SP-87-08 and BL-89-07, Short Plat No. SPL2006-74; Applicant: Michael Lutz.
5) Renewal of an existing alternative work schedule for a Health Educator position within the Public Health Department.
6) Renewal of an existing alternative work schedule for an Administrative Assistant II position within the Planning Department.
7) Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG) Subrecipient Agreement between Rural Fire Protection District #14 – High Prairie, CDBG Contract No. 06-64006-053, to undertake the High Prairie Fire Hall and Community Center project.
8) Certificate of appreciation for past participation and a letter accepting the resignation of Chris Connolly from the Klickitat County Substance Abuse Advisory Board effective immediately.
9) Independent Contractor’s Agreement between Klickitat County and Miland Walling to provide services to track changes in state and federal programs for economic and community development in an amount not to exceed $25,000.00.
10) High Prairie Fire Protection District No. 14 request for a waiver of the planning fees in the amount of $475.00 for their new fire hall/community center facility.
11) Resolutions approving nine (9) 2007 county road projects.
12) Authorization to pay outside the base rate and placement at a Range 21, Step C, $3,941.00 per month, of the 2007 County pay plan schedule, for Erik Anderson, Undersheriff, a FLSA exempt (40 hrs per week) position within the Sheriff’s Department effective January 16, 2007.
13) Resolution in the matter of renaming Fund 119 Resource Development to Economic Development and directing the County Auditor and County Treasurer to make such change to the financial records of the County; AND Resolution in the matter of renaming Fund 132 Watershed to Natural Resources and directing the County Auditor and County Treasurer to make such change to the financial records of the County.
14) Resolution in the matter of authorizing the Klickitat County Treasurer to invest $116,500 of excess cash within the Flood Control Fund #112.
15) Resolution in the matter of authorizing the Klickitat County Treasurer to invest $16,400,000 of excess cash within the Cumulative Reserve Fund #125.
16) Resolution in the matter of investing $800,000.00 in excess cash within the Commissioners Vehicle Rental and Replacement Fund #502.
17) Request from the Senior Services Department for authorization to purchase four wireless telephone headsets at a total cost of $1,476 plus sales tax and one 19 inch flat panel monitor at an approximate cost of $249.00.
18) Grant application for WRIA 30 Klickitat River Basin to accomplish two tasks. Task 1 is to address data gaps relevant to water availability in the Little Klickitat and Swale Creek subbasins with a cost estimate of $62,700. Task 2 is a water banking pilot project with a cost estimate of $35,400. Total cost estimate is $98,100 with work to be completed by June 30, 2007.
19) Agreement for Digital Data Sharing between Klickitat County and Real Property Services for specific digital data compiled by the Public Works Department.
20) Settlement Agreement between Klickitat County and John Dance and Cecilia Dance for acquisition of right-of-way required for the purpose of reconstruction of a portion of Snowden Road.
21) Washington State Department of Transportation Local Agency Agreement Supplement for the Snowden Road project, increasing federal reimbursement to cover the increased preliminary engineering and right-of-way costs.
22) Washington State Department of Transportation Local Agency Agreement for the Wahkiacus Big Klickitat Bridge Replacement project.
23) Washington State Department of Transportation Local Agency Agreement for the Rock Creek Bridge Replacement project.
24) Washington State Department of Transportation Local Agency Agreement for the Harms Road Bridge Replacement project.
25) Washington State Department of Transportation Local Agency Federal Aid Project Prospectus for the Centerville Highway – Lyle Path construction project.
VII. (2:30): MISCELLANEOUS REPORTS/COMMENTS:
Kenn Adcock, Gorge Commission Member representing Klickitat County: Overview of the Columbia River Gorge Commission’s January 9, 2007 meeting.
VIII. (3:00): OLD BUSINESS:
IX. (3:00): NEW BUSINESS:
X. (3:00): ELECTED OFFICIAL REPORT/UPDATE:
Prosecuting Attorney Tim O’Neill: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
XI. (3:15): PAYMENT APPROVALS/PROGRESS PAYMENTS/CHANGE ORDERS:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XII. (3:20): BOARD PENDING:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting. No workshops scheduled.
01/16/2007 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
January 18, 2007:
No workshops scheduled