07/05/2011 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
July 5, 2011
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Gordon Kelsey: Public Works/Road Department Update
11:00 AM ELECTED OFFICIALS REPORT:
Auditor Brenda Sorensen: Department Update.
11:20 AM ELECTED OFFICIALS REPORT:
Assessor Darlene Johnson: Request for authorization to hire for the Supervisor Assessor position at Grade 69, Step 5.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
07/05/2011 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
July 5, 2011
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. Call To Order/Roll Call
II. Approval Of Business Agenda
III. Approval Of Commissioner Meeting Minutes:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. Citizen Comments:
Comments Will Be Limited To Seven (7) Minutes Per Individual.
V. (1:30): Public Hearings/Public Meetings/Bid Openings:
Public Hearing: Consider granting a non-exclusive franchise agreement to Sawtooth Technologies, LLC. for the construction, maintenance and operations of telecommunication lines together with wires and other appurtenances, upon, under, along and across various Klickitat County Roads between White Salmon, Washington and Goldendale, Washington with routes leading from Goldendale to Ponderosa Park and Maryhill.
Public Hearing: Consider vacation of a portion of White Salmon River Road, County Road No. 16500. Portion to be vacated is located approximately 1900 feet west of the northeast corner of Section 35, Township 4 North, Range 10 East, W.M.
VI. (1:50): Consent Agenda:
1) Purchase Authorization allowing the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office to proceed with the purchase of one (1) HP Office Jet Pro L7780 All-in-One color printer at a cost of $Zero dollars and authorizing the Technical Services Department to install the printer on the County network.
2) Resolution in the matter of designating County Mental Health Professionals and adding individuals to the list through January 31, 2012.
3) Interlocal Funding Assistance Agreement between Klickitat County and Trout Lake School District No. R-400 to provide funding assistance to the District to develop and/or enhance their At-Risk Youth Program.
4) Affordable Housing Funding Assistance Agreement between Klickitat County and Washington Gorge Action Programs providing funding assistance toward the Guided Path permanent Supportive Housing Project in Bingen, Washington.
5) Public Safety Product CPE E911 Full Remedial Maintenance Agreement between Klickitat County (E911) and Qwest Communications Company LLC to provide maintenance service on E911 equipment, effective June 30, 2011 through June 29, 2012.
6) Scheduling a public meeting to be held on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 1:30 PM to consider acceptance of boundary line adjustment BLA2007-13 which is an alteration of Lot 2 of SP98-28 and Lot 2 of WS-58; Applicants: Douglas & Geri Smith.
7) Resolution in the matter of providing a stipend for Robert Allen, Chief Communications Deputy to recognize the additional job duties of the Communications Supervisor position which has been vacant since December 31, 2010.
8) Personnel Authorization to begin the advertising process to fill a vacant Legal Administrative Assistant I position within East District Court at Grade 35, Step 1.
9) Personnel Authorization to hire outside the pay schedule for the Supervisor Assessor position within the Assessor’s Office at Grade 69, Step 5.
10) Resolution in the matter of scheduling a public hearing to be held Tuesday, August 9, 2011 at 1:30 PM at which hearing any comments for or against the proposed establishment of a county road know as Fourth Street.
11) Resolution in the matter of voluntary or mandated temporary funding classification allowing Elected Officials or Department Heads to designate temporary status classification with benefits when filling positions and Board consent to waive Klickitat County Personnel Policy Article IV in relation to temporary status and Article VII, Sections 1, 2, 3, and 6 in relation to the reduction of County paid health insurance premiums, vacation and sick leave accruals, and holiday pay when referring to temporary status positions.
VII. (2:00): New Business:
VIII. (2:00): Elected Official Report/Update:
Prosecuting Attorney Lori Hoctor: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)(i).
XI. (2:15): Payment Approvals/Progress Payments/Change Orders:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
X. (2:30): Unfinished Business:
IX. (2:30): Miscellaneous Reports/Comments:
Guy Norman, WDFW Southwestern (Region 5) Regional Director and Jeff Tayer, South Central (Region 3) Regional Director with Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife: Discuss elk management/citizen complaints; cougar management; habitat program management and other management concerns. :
XII. (3:00): Board Pending:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting. No workshops scheduled.
07/05/2011 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
July 7, 2011
No workshops scheduled