06/28/2011 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
June 28, 2011
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Gordon Kelsey: Public Works/Road Department Update
11:00 AM ELECTED OFFICIALS REPORT:
Sheriff Rick McComas: Department Update.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
06/28/2011 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
June 28, 2011
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. Call To Order/Roll Call
II. Approval Of Business Agenda
III. Approval Of Commissioner Meeting Minutes:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. Citizen Comments:
Comments Will Be Limited To Seven (7) Minutes Per Individual.
V. (1:30): Public Hearings/Public Meetings/Bid Openings:
VI. (1:30): Consent Agenda:
1) Scheduling a public meeting to be held on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 1:30 PM to consider acceptance of short plat alteration final, Short Plat Application No. SPL2011-10; Applicants: Bodge, LLC.
2) Request from Adult Probation for authorization of Chairman signature and concurrence of 5' budget reduction proposal as indicated in the 2011 Budget.
3) Personnel Authorization to begin the advertising process to fill the vacant Clerical Administrative Assistant I position within the Building Inspection Department, West End Services at Grade 34, Step 1.
4) Purchase Authorization allowing the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office to proceed with the purchase of one (1) 2005 Ford Crown Victoria Full Size, 4 Door Sedan, from the City of Portland, Oregon, City Fleet at a cost of $3,750.00 plus applicable tax, licensing and registration fees.
5) Agreement between Klickitat County (Planning Department) and EnXco Development Corporation for reimbursement of costs and fees associated with processing an Energy Overlay application and completing a SEPA review for the Wilkins Wind Project.
6) Letter granting a variance to the County’s burn ban on behalf of The Country Café in Lyle Washington for operation of a barbeque pit for commercial purposes.
7) Lease Agreement between Klickitat County and Columbia Gorge Aluminum Company for the purpose of leasing property (Juniper Point) for the retention, maintenance and operation of a radio and microwave transmission site.
8) Interlocal Agreement between Klickitat County and Klickitat County Public Utility District for the Bickleton communications Site.
9) Request for concurrence to award bid to Granite Construction Company for the Loop Road Overlay Project, CRP 307, as bid in the amount of $809,658.00.
10) Request for concurrence to award bid to Lupin Construction Corporation for the Replace Main Entrance Doors Courthouse Project, N10001, Federal Contract #F10-52-52110-034, as bid in the amount of $39,299.20.
11) Washington State Department of Transportation Supplemental Agreement No. 2 between Klickitat County (Public Works) and Lower Columbia Research and Archaeology for the purpose of extending the completion date to January 31, 2012 for On-Call archaeology services.
12) Washington State Department of Transportation Supplemental Agreement No. 3 between Klickitat County (Public Works) and Sargent Engineers, Inc. for the purpose of extending the completion date to January 31, 2012 for On-Call structural engineering services.
13) Lease agreement between Columbia Gorge Housing Authority and Klickitat County (Public Works Department) for the purpose of leasing a room at the Pioneer Center in White Salmon.
14) Work for hire agreement between Klickitat County (Assessor’s Office) and Dave Loomer for the purpose of providing software and miscellaneous computer support for upgrading the ProVal program from 7.8 to 7.11.
15) Professional Services Agreements between Klickitat County (Public Health Department) and various individuals to provide accurate health and wellness information as a speaker during the It’s Your Time Women’s Health Speaker Series event.
16) Subscriber agreement between Klickitat County (Public Health Department) and ZirMed, Inc. for access and use of certain proprietary software services associated with clinical software through Ahlers primarily for use in the Family Planning program.
17) Resolution in the matter of various appointments to the Water Resource Inventory Area 31 Planning Unit to unexpired three year terms, effective June 28, 2011 and expiring December 31, 2013.
18) Resolution in the matter of voluntary or mandated temporary reductions in the Personnel Division.
VII. (1:40): Department Update/Comment:
Senior Services Director Sharon Carter: Department Update
VIII. (2:25): Elected Official Report/Update:
Prosecuting Attorney Lori Hoctor: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
IX. (2:40): New Business:
X. (2:40): Unfinished Business:
Steve Brown, Radio Project Lead: Radio project update
XI. (3:10): Elected Official Report/Update
Assessor Darlene Johnson: Personnel issue which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( g).
XII. (3:25): Payment Approvals/Progress Payments/Change Orders:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XIII. (3:30): Board Pending:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIV. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting to 10:30 AM on Thursday, June 30, 2011 for scheduled workshops.
06/28/2011 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
June 30, 2011
10:30/12:00 Prosecuting Attorney Lori Hoctor and Special Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Susan E. Drummond: Pending litigation which qualifies for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)(i).
12:00 Noon Luncheon
1:00/3:00 Solid Waste Director Kevin Barry, Allied Waste representatives Pete Keller, Area President, Matt Henry, General Manager-Roosevelt Regional Landfill, and Joe Casalini, Director, Business Development with Allied: Solid waste marketing efforts.
3:00/4:30 Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(g) for the annual performance evaluation of a public employee.