02/20/2007 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
February 20, 2007
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
9:30 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Lobbyist Jim Potts: Telephone conference to provide legislative update.
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Scott Smith: Public Works/Road Department update
11:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Mike Canon Economic Development Department Director: Department update.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
02/20/2007 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
February 20, 2007
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
II. APPROVAL OF BUSINESS AGENDA
III. APPROVAL OF COMMISSIONER MEETING MINUTES:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
COMMENTS WILL BE LIMITED TO SEVEN (7) MINUTES PER INDIVIDUAL.
V. (1:30): PUBLIC HEARINGS/PUBLIC MEETINGS/BID OPENINGS:
Public Meeting: Consider approval of alteration of Lot 2, BL-91-07, Short Plat No. SPL2006-69; Applicant: Tao Berman.
VI. (1:45): NEW BUSINESS:
Crystal Dodge, Police Activities League Coordinator: Vista volunteer request.
VII. (2:00): MISCELLANEOUS REPORTS/COMMENTS:
Linda Schneider, Washington Gorge Action Programs Executive Director: Programs and youth center update.
VIII. (2:30): DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Building and Compliance Director Skip Grimes: West end printer needs, review status of additional assigned duties.
IX. (2:45): ELECTED OFFICIAL REPORT/UPDATE:
Treasurer Dani Burton: Request for Authorization to Hire to fill a vacant Administrative Assistant I position.
(3:00): Assessor Van Vandenberg and Chief Deputy Vicky Albin: Request for Authorization to Hire to fill a vacant Administrative Assistant I-Customer Service/Senior Exemptions position and review proposed changes to the job description.
(3:15): Prosecuting Attorney Tim O’Neill: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
X. (3:30): CONSENT AGENDA:
1) Resolution in the matter of authorizing the Code Compliance Officer to commence proceedings to cause the abatement of the nuisance on Parcel No. 03-14-1800-0007/00 – Neatha S. Slate.
2) Resolution in the matter of authorizing the Code Compliance Officer to commence proceedings to cause the abatement of the nuisance on Parcel No. 03-13-1100-0002/00 – James & Patsy Johnson.
3) Resolution in the matter of authorizing the Code Compliance Officer to commence proceedings to cause the abatement of the nuisance on Parcel No. 04-13-2350-0108/00 – Mary Carey.
4) Renewal of an existing Alternative Work Schedule for an Administrative Assistant III position within the Public Works Department.
5) Resolution in the matter of declaring two vehicles as surplus to be removed from the Klickitat County Sheriff’s Office inventory to be disposed of through public sale or auction by the County Treasurer, AND
Resolution in the matter of declaring three vehicles as surplus to be removed from the Klickitat County Sheriff’s Office (Drug Investigations) inventory to be disposed of through public sale or auction by the County Treasurer.
6) Resolution on the matter of appointing David M. Sauter to the Klickitat County Public Corporation Board of Directors.
7) Memorandum concurring with fair market values for listed parcels and authorizing the Public Works Department to make firm offers for said parcels and begin negotiations with owners to secure road right-of-way for the Snowden Road Project, CRP 223, F.A. STPR-B201 (001).
8) Professional Services Agreement between Klickitat County (Public Health Department) and Klickitat School for the purpose of providing substance abuse prevention services within the county.
9) County Program Agreement #0563-73249, Amendment No. 1, between the State of Washington, Department of Social and Health Services/Health and Recovery Services Administration/Division of Alcohol and Substance Abuse and Klickitat County (Health Department). The purpose of the amendment is to provide funding for two .25 FTE out-stationed Chemical Dependency professional positions in DSHS offices in Goldendale and White Salmon.
10) Authorization to Hire a Temporary Full-time Parks Attendant within the Buildings & Grounds Department at a Range 8, Step A ($11.19 per hour).
11) Agreement Amendment No. 2, to the Agreement (GCA4457) entered into between the Washington State Department of Transportation and Klickitat County (Senior Services) reducing the amount of Competitive Rural Mobility state grant funds by $145,000 for reallocation to meet expenses elsewhere in the state.
12) Amendment to the Personal Services Contract (E06-001) between Franklin County Emergency Management and Klickitat County (Emergency Management) providing funds to enhance the capability of state and local units of government to prevent, deter, respond to, and recover from incidents of terrorism involving the use of Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive weapons.
13) Resolution in the matter of authorizing Frances Kay Carr, Fair Board Treasurer, to request and direct the Klickitat County Treasurer to make investments at such time, for such period and in such amounts as will best serve the interest of the aforementioned fund during the 2007 calendar year.
14) Amendment No. 1 to Interlocal Agreement C06606 between Klickitat County and Wishram School District #94 extending the contract to April 1, 2007 to allow payment of invoices in the amount of $14,927.22 which represents the balance of their 2006 community project grant.
15) Agreement between the Washington State Department of Ecology and Klickitat County for the WRIA 30 Project/Water Availability Assessment and Water Banking Pilot Project, Grant No. G0700207, to support projects to implement strategies identified in the Klickitat Basin Watershed Management Plan.
16) Request from the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for authorization to allow the Budget & Technical Services Department to purchase on their behalf a personal computer, monitor, peripherals and software, and a telephone for use by the part time victim witness position at an estimated cost of $2,000.00.
17) Two Contract Addendums with Mid-Columbia Medical Center to change the hourly rate for dietitian services for Wishram School and WIC (Women, Infants and Children program).
18) Resolution in the matter of clarifying and establishing procedures for collecting and refunding monies for road approach permits.
19) Agreement for Digital Data Sharing between Klickitat County and Granite Construction, Inc. for specific digital data compiled by the Public Works Department in an Arc View “shape” file format in consideration of a $250.00 fee.
20) Business Customer Service Agreement between Klickitat County (Senior Services) and the United States Cellular Corporation to provide ten cell phones to the Senior Services Department to improve communication drivers and the offices.
XI. (3:35): OLD BUSINESS:
XII. (3:35): PAYMENT APPROVALS/PROGRESS PAYMENTS/CHANGE ORDERS:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XIII. (3:35): BOARD PENDING:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIV. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting. No workshops scheduled
02/20/2007 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
February 22, 2007:
No workshops scheduled