12/06/2005 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
December 6, 2005
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Scott Smith: Public Works/Road Department Update/ review fairgrounds grandstand evaluation
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
12/06/2005 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
December 6, 2005
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
II. APPROVAL OF BUSINESS AGENDA
III. APPROVAL OF COMMISSIONER MEETING MINUTES:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
COMMENTS WILL BE LIMITED TO SEVEN (7) MINUTES PER INDIVIDUAL.
V. (1:30): PUBLIC HEARINGS/PUBLIC MEETINGS/BID OPENINGS:
Public Meeting: Consider approval of alteration of Lots 14 & 15, Block B, Timber Valley Subdivision 3; Boundary Line Adjustment No. BLA2005-05; Applicant: Paul Wolf.
Public Hearing: Receive public comment from all interested parties who wish to testify pro or con concerning the Community Development Block Grant No. 04-64004-017, Senior Services Kitchen and Cafeteria, in the West Klickitat County Pioneer Center
Public Hearing: Consider establishing maximum speed limits as follows:
Pyatt Road 50 to 25 MPH from Mile Post 0.00 to .070
Kida Road 50 to 25 MPH from Mile Post 0.00 to 0.60
Lyle Snowden Road 50 to 35 MPH from Mile Post 0.00 to 3.31
Randall Road 50 to 35 MPH from Mile Post 1.00 to 2.11
Courtney Road 50 to 35 MPH from Mile Post 2.15 to 3.00
Public Hearing: Consider vacation of certain portions of old alignments of county roads (Old Mountain Road) and a petition to vacate the alley in Block 5 located in the Town of Bickleton.
Public Hearing: Consider supplemental appropriations and amendments to the 2005 Budget for various departments and funds in the amount of $3,175,105.
VI. (2:00): MISCELLANEOUS REPORTS/COMMENTS:
George Shelton, Forest State Lands SE Region Assistant Manager, Department of Natural Resources: Trust Land transfer/acquisition update.
VII. (2:45): CONSENT AGENDA:
1) Resolution in the matter of designating Rick Weaver as Alternate Director representing Klickitat County interests on the Greater Columbia Behavioral Health Board of Directors.
2) Fiscal Year 2007 Loan and Grant Application Statement of Agreed Priority for Water Resource Inventory Area 29 for the Underwood Conservation District Clean Water Fund grant to implement an education, outreach, and technical assistance project in the amount of $181,751.00.
3) Certification and Acknowledgment of receipt of the 2006 budgets and estimates as submitted by the various taxing districts within Klickitat County certifying the amounts to be raised by taxation on the assessed valuation of the property within each taxing district for the purpose of levying taxes.
4) Request for a transfer of funds between budget categories within the West District Court 2005 budget in the amount of $3,500.00 and within the Emergency Management 2005 budget in the amount of $32,200.00.
5) State of Washington Office of the Secretary of State Amendment No. 4 to Grant Agreement No. G-2851 to provide funding to the County for costs associated with upgrading voter tabulation equipment including all training, installation and shipping required.
6) Service Agreements between DIVCO Advantage and Klickitat County which is renewal of existing contracts to provide preventative maintenance services for the heating and air conditioning units in various county buildings.
7) Scheduling public meetings to be held at 1:30 PM on Tuesday, January 10, 2006 as follows:
• Consider the Planning Commission’s recommendation for Rezone Request ZON2005-06 and Comprehensive Plan Amendment CPA2005-05; Applicant: Howard & Patricia Kreps and Susan Rogers; and
• Consider final approval of Short Plat No. SPL2005-30; Applicant: Carl McNew
8) Scheduling a public meeting to be held at 1:30 PM on Tuesday, January 10, 2006 to consider the Planning Commission’s recommendation for approval of Preliminary Plat No. SPL2005-04; Applicant: Darrin Eckman.
9) Resolution in the matter of declaring a 1995 Jeep Cherokee 4 x 4, Serial #J4FJ28S6SL531465 and a 2001 Jeep Cherokee 4 x 4, Serial #J4FF48S81L539000 within the VR&R Fund #502 as surplus to be sold at public sale/auction by the County Treasurer.
10) Agreement for Digital Data Sharing between Klickitat County and Stewart Land Group, LLC. to provide requested data compiled by the Public Works Department in an ArcView “shape” file format. The digital data will be used to overlay parcel lines and property boundary data on aerial photos to aid in the process of property development.
11) Interlocal Agreement for Klickitat County Department of Emergency Management between Klickitat County and the cities of Bingen, Goldendale and White Salmon agreeing to establish and operate a joint organization of emergency management as provided by RCW 38.52.070.
12) Washington State Department of Community Trade and Economic Development CDBG Program, Amendment No. A to Contract No. 04-64004-017 to fund the kitchen and cafeteria portion of the Pioneer Senior Center in White Salmon extending the end date of the grant to June 30, 2006.
13) Rental and maintenance agreements between Klickitat County and Craig Office Supply for copier rental for the various county departments.
14) Fiscal Year 2007 Loan and Grant Application Statement of Agreed Priority for Water Resource Inventory Area 30 for the Central Klickitat Conservation District Clean Water Fund.
VIII. (2:55): OLD BUSINESS:
Trout Lake Community Wildfire Plan
(3:00): Public Hearing/Continued: Consider imposing a real estate excise tax option of up to one-half of one percent as defined in RCW 82.46.010(3). The funds provided by the real estate excise tax option may be used for the General Fund.
IX. (3:10): NEW BUSINESS:
X. (3:10): PAYMENT APPROVALS/PROGRESS PAYMENTS/CHANGE ORDERS:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XI. (3:15): ELECTED OFFICIAL REPORT/UPDATE:
Prosecuting Attorney Tim O’Neill: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
XII. (3:30) DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Executive Session: Personnel Director Lori Wolford: Bargaining unit negotiation update.
XIII. (4:30): BOARD PENDING:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIV. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting to 10:00 AM on Wednesday, December 7, 2005 and 10:30 AM on Thursday, December 8, 2005 for scheduled workshops.
12/06/2005 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
December 7, 2005 (Wednesday)
10:00/12.00 Financial Officer Glen Chipman: 2006 Budget
1:00/5:00 Financial Officer Glen Chipman: 2006 Budget
December 8, 2005:
10:30/12:00 Executive Session: Annual performance evaluation
1:00/2:00 Board pending
2:00/3:00 Building and Code Compliance Director Skip Grimes and Code Compliance Officer Joyce DeVries: Nuisance Abatement
3:00/5:00 Financial Officer Glen Chipman: 2006 Budget