11/01/2005 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
November 1, 2005
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Scott Smith: Public Works/Road Department Update
11:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Economic Development Director Dana Peck: Economic Development Department Update
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
11/01/2005 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
November 1, 2005
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
II. APPROVAL OF BUSINESS AGENDA
III. APPROVAL OF COMMISSIONER MEETING MINUTES:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
COMMENTS WILL BE LIMITED TO SEVEN (7) MINUTES PER INDIVIDUAL.
V. (1:30): PUBLIC HEARINGS/PUBLIC MEETINGS/BID OPENINGS:
Public Hearing: Consider a decrease in the maximum speed limit for Snowden Road, County Road No. 11000, from 50 MPH to 35 MPH between Mile Post 12.73 and 15.03.
Public Hearing: Consider a petition to change the name of Schilling Loop Road, County Road No. 26650 to Bratton Road.
Public Meeting: Consider approval of boundary line alteration of previous short plat, Boundary Line Adjustment No. BLA2005-06; Applicant: Duane Schambron/J.R. Palermo.
Public Meeting: Consider approval of boundary line alteration of previous short plat, Boundary Line Adjustment No. BLA2005-09; Applicant: Timothy Parsons/Frank See.
VI. (2:30): DEPARTMENT REPORT/UPDATE:
Public Health Director Kevin Barry: Request for an alternative work schedule for a position within the Public Health Department
VII. (2:45): MISCELLANEOUS REPORTS/COMMENTS:
VIII. (2:45): CONSENT AGENDA:
1) Klickitat County Public Defender Contract between Klickitat County (West District Court) and Gerald A. Matosich, Kathleen J. Marshall and Randall C. Krog for the 2006 calendar year. Compensation shall be $42,000 for the 2006 calendar year paid in equal monthly installments of $1,166.66 to each of the aforementioned attorneys.
2) Mutual Receipt and Release of Claims between Elsie G. Tupper M.D. dba Goldendale Medical Clinic and Klickitat County resolving alleged overpayments made for services provided pursuant to a “contract for providing medical supervision for Klickitat County corrections facility healthcare program” entered into in June of 1997.
3) Amendment No. 1 to the Independent Contractors Agreement between Klickitat County and the Goldendale Chamber of Commerce for providing visitor information services within their offices in Goldendale.
4) County Coordinator Contract Agreement between Klickitat County (Health Department) and Lindsay Miller to serve as County Coordinator and to provide substance abuse treatment services.
5) Request for a waiver of the $25.00 rental fee requested by the Brighter Goldendale Christmas Committee for use of the courthouse lawn, main courthouse parking lot and the public parking lot located at the corner of Court and Columbus Avenue for the annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony on December 10, 2005.
6) Amendment No. 3 between Klickitat County and Aspect Consulting for the Water Resource Inventory Area 31 (Rock-Glade Water Quality Assessment/WRIA 31), Service Agreement No. C02404, extending the period of performance and increasing the scope of work.
7) Amendment No. 2 to Grant Agreement No. G-2851 between the State of Washington Office of the Secretary of State, Elections Division, and Klickitat County (Auditor’s Office) for funding to provide for the purchase of goods and services that provide for training election officials under HAVA to include a laptop computer, screen, and outreach publication and materials.
8) Amendment to CI-KLICKITAT COUNTY SENIOR SERVICES-2005-2006-03 Contract Instruction, Contract No. 05-06-MTB-KCSS-05, to amend the 2005-2006 transportation contract by changing the rate structure from a “per pick-up” rate to a “per trip by zone” rate for Medicaid Transportation passenger car, ambulatory, and wheelchair transports.
9) Jail Health Services Contract between Klickitat County (Sheriff’s Department) and Brian Bea to provide medical care to the inmates of the Klickitat County Jail.
10) Scheduling a public hearing to be held at 1:30 PM on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 to consider acceptance of road right-of-way, Crafton Road, Short Plat No. 2005-12; Applicant: Robert Princehouse.
11) Scheduling a public meeting to be held at 1:30 PM on Tuesday, November 29, 2005 to consider a request to lift a FPA moratorium; Applicants: Steve Kelly and Daniel Bartels.
12) Scheduling a public meeting to be held at 1:30 PM on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 to consider approval of alteration of Lot 1, SP-98-21; Short Plat No. SPL2005-10; Applicant: Larry Apigian.
13) Planning Department request for authorization to proceed with the purchase of a 2006 Dodge Stratus SXT FFV from State Bid at a cost of $14,675.16.
14) Amendment No. 7 to the Water Resource Inventory Area 30 Service Agreement No. C04002 between Klickitat County and Watershed Professionals Network extending the period of performance from September 30, 2005 to December 31, 2005, effective October 1. 2005.
15) Amendment No. 8 to the Professional Services Agreement between Klickitat County and Air Sciences, Inc. to provide air quality consulting services related to air quality issues. Reimbursement for services under this amendment shall not exceed the sum of $24,000 for the 2005 fiscal year.
16) Intergovernmental Agreement between Klickitat County (Senior Services) and Columbia Gorge Community College to provide Fundamentals of Caregiving and Continuing Education Services.
17) Resolution in the matter of accepting the recommendations of the Health Insurance Committee for health insurance re-enrollment for Klickitat County employees for medical (Premera Blue Cross), vision (Vision Service Plan), long term disability (Unum), life insurance (Washington Counties Insurance Pool), and employment assistance program (Washington Counties Risk Pool).
18) Resolution in the matter revising the departmental organizational chart and changing the job description of the Storeskeeper position within the Public Works Department to also provide assistance to mechanics and the road maintenance crew and requiring a Commercial Drivers License.
19) Resolution in the matter of establishing a grievance procedure to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
IX. (2:50): OLD BUSINESS:
X. (2:50: NEW BUSINESS:
XI. (2:50): PAYMENT APPROVALS/PROGRESS PAYMENTS/CHANGE ORDERS:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XII. (3:00): ELECTED OFFICIAL REPORT/UPDATE:
Prosecuting Attorney Tim O’Neill: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
XIII. (3:15): BOARD PENDING:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIV. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting to 10:30 AM on Thursday, November 3, 2005 for scheduled workshops.
11/01/2005 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
November 2, 2005
10:00 Joint Public Session: The Klickitat County Board of Commissioners will be participating in a joint session with Benton and Yakima Counties beginning at 10:00 AM on Wednesday, November 2, 2005. The purpose of the joint session is to consider the Yakima Basin Watershed Plan. The public meeting will held in the Yakima County Board of Commissioner’s Hearing Room B-33, 128 N 2nd Street, Yakima, Washington.
November 3, 2005
10:30/12:00 Building and Code Compliance Director Skip Grimes and Code Compliance Officer Joyce DeVries: Nuisance Abatement
Update-Renewal of the Copier Rental Lease for various departments
1:00/1:30 Board pending
1:30/5:00 Public Works Director/County Engineer Scott Smith and Assistant County Engineer Bjorn Hedges: Six-Year Road Improvement Program