03/22/2005 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
March 22, 2005
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
9:30 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Lobbyist Jim Potts: Telephone conference to provide legislative update
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Larry Nicholas, Public Works Director/County Engineer: Road Department Update
11:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
John Arens, Mid-Columbia Council of Governments, Marti Kantola, Six Rivers Mediation Services: Presentation on their dispute resolution program and a request for Klickitat Countyís participation.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
03/22/2005 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
March 22, 2005
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
II. APPROVAL OF BUSINESS AGENDA
III. APPROVAL OF COMMISSIONER MEETING MINUTES:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
COMMENTS WILL BE LIMITED TO SEVEN (7) MINUTES PER INDIVIDUAL.
V. (1:30): PUBLIC HEARINGS/PUBLIC MEETINGS/BID OPENINGS:
Public Meeting: Consider Planning Commission recommendation for approval of Shoreline Conditional Use Permit No. SH-2004-04; Applicant: Richard Lunceford (Trox-RL Development Company).
Bid Opening: Improvement of 2.22 miles of Canyon Road, County Road No. 13000 by grading, installing drainage, surfacing, milling, paving with Asphalt Concrete, placing pavement markings, installing guardrail, fencing, and other related work.
VI. (2:00): MISCELLANEOUS REPORTS/COMMENTS:
Skamania-Klickitat Development Council Executive Director Linda Schneider: Programs update.
VII. (2:30): CONSENT AGENDA:
1) Agreement for Digital Data Sharing between Klickitat County and The Nature Conservancy for specific digital data to compile a new data set for private timberland to assist in setting priorities for the next five years.
2) Agreement for Digital Data Sharing between Klickitat County and Friends of the Columbia Gorge for specific digital data to document and map development in the Columbia River Gorge/Klickitat County.
3) Resolution in the matter of declaring a vehicle as surplus to be removed from the Weed Departmentís inventory for disposal at public sale/auction by the County Treasurer.
4) Scheduling a public meeting to be held at 1:30 PM on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 to consider alteration to Lots 1 & 2, of SP-98-24, Boundary Line Adjustment No. BLA2004-08; Applicant: Carl McNew.
5) Amendment No. 3 to the Professional Services Agreement between Klickitat County and CreativeThink to provide site marketing services effective January 1, 2005 through December 31, 2005.
6) Resolution and letter appointing Charles Hinman to an additional three (3) year term on the Klickitat County Board of Equalization representing Commissioner District No. 1.
7) Scheduling a public hearing to be held at 3:00 PM on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 to consider a request to appeal the Planning Commissionís recommendation of denial of CPA2004-03, ZON2004-05; Applicant: Jeanne Farwig, Representative: Steven Andersen, Landowners: Sandra Powell and Mary Ahngerl.
8) Interlocal Agreement for Two-County Cooperation on the Columbia River Initiative between Klickitat County and Benton County for joint development of regional solutions for addressing all aspects of the Columbia River Initiative.
9) Interlocal Agreement between Klickitat County and Trout Lake Fire District #1 for preparation of a local Community Wildfire Protection Plan for Trout Lake Fire District.
10) Resolution in the matter of establishing an escrow account for retainage deposits and entering into an Escrow Agreement as requested by Todd Construction/prime contractor for the Pioneer Center Building.
VIII. (3:00): OLD BUSINESS:
Findings, conclusions and decision in support of Board motion on Thursday, March 3, 2005 to approve an application for reclassification from Open Space Farm and Agriculture Current Use to Farm and Agriculture Conservation Land, Application #OS-FCL-2004-01, Applicant: W. Eileen McCredy Parcel No(s) 05-21-0300-0002/00, 05-21-1000-0001/00, 05-21-1500-0001/00, 06-20-1500-0003/00 and 06-20-2200-0002/00 involving 680.39 acres.
Findings, conclusions and decision in support of Board motion on Thursday, March 3, 2005 to approve an application for reclassification from Open Space Farm and Agriculture Current Use to Farm and Agriculture Conservation Land, Application #OS-FCL-2004-02, Applicant: the Sharpe Family Partnership, Parcel No(s) 06-21-0100-0000/00, 06-21-1200-0002/00, 06-22-0600-0001/00, 06-22-0700-0001/00, and 06-22-0800-0002-00 involving 1051.5 acres.
Findings, conclusions and decision in support of Board motion on Thursday, March 3, 2005 denying an application for reclassification from Open Space Farm and Agriculture Current Use to Open Space/Open Space Current Use Assessment, Application # OS-OS-2004-03, Applicant: James W. and Phyllis Pleshek Blilie, Parcel No. 03-11-1100-0005/00 involving 12 acres.
Findings, conclusions and decision in support of Board motion on Thursday, March 10, 2005 to approve an application for reclassification from Open Space Farm and Agriculture Current Use to Farm and Agriculture Conservation Land, Application #OS-FCL-2004-04, Applicant: Whitmore & Sons 'Lawrence Whitmore, Parcel No(s) 05-21-1900-0001/00, 05-21-1800-0003/00, 04-21-2100-0001/00, 04-21-2000-0001/00, 04-21-1800-0001/00, 04-21-1700-0002/00, 04-21-1000-0002/00, 04-21-0700-0000/00, 04-21-0400-0002/00, 04-21-0300-0003/00 and 05-21-2000-0000/00 involving 1140 acres.
IX. (3:30): NEW BUSINESS:
X. (3:30): PAYMENT APPROVALS/PROGRESS PAYMENTS/CHANGE ORDERS:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XI. (3:35): ELECTED OFFICIAL REPORT/UPDATE:
Prosecuting Attorney Tim OíNeill: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
XII. (4:00): BOARD PENDING:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting to 12:30 PM on Thursday, March 24, 2005 for a scheduled workshop with legal counsel.
03/22/2005 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
March 24, 2005
8:00/11:00 AM EDA Board meeting: Presentation by Special Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Steve DiJulio on what Washington State law allows the County to do in the area of economic development.
11:00 AM/12:30 EDA Board Business Meeting/Lunch
12:30/1:30 PM Prosecuting Attorney Tim OíNeill and Special Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Steve DiJulio: Pending issues/litigation update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)(i).