REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
TO PROVIDE PUBLIC DEFENDER SERVICES
Klickitat County requests statements of qualifications from attorneys experienced in providing Public Defender services for indigent criminal defendants. Klickitat County is seeking to contract with two to three attorneys and/or firms to provide services for 2018-2019. Compensation ranges: $4,900 - $7,390 per month.
SCOPE OF WORK
1. Provide legal representation to indigent criminal defendants;
2. Attend hearing in defense of clients as necessary;
3. Prepare motions in defense of clients as necessary;
4. Do trial work in defense of clients as necessary;
5. Work cooperatively with the prosecutor and Superior Court to better serve defendants;
6. Provide case tracking and reports to the Superior Court;
7. Maintain awareness of ethical standards and appearance of fairness standards and avoid potential conflicts of interest.
1. Possess a Juris Doctorate degree
2. Be a graduate from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association
3. Be a member in good standing of the Washington State Bar Association
Klickitat County reserves the right to reject any or all applicants, waive technicalities or irregularities and accept any proposal if such action is believed to be in the best interest of the County. Statements of Qualifications will be accepted on a continual basis until the County achieves sufficient capacity to provide said services.
Emailed responses must be followed with a signed hard copy in the mail in order to be considered. Please email to: Bocc@klickitatcounty.org or mail to Klickitat County Board of Commissioners at 205 S Columbus, Room 103, Goldendale, WA 98620. Responses must be received by 4:30 p.m., November 20, 2017.