Services provided by the Klickitat County Coroner's Office include:
Custody of evidence and property found with the body.
- Death certification.
- Determination of the cause of death in unattended/unexpected deaths - how, why and by what means a person died in those cases within our jurisdiction.
- Determination of manner of death - categorization of each death in one of the following manners: natural, accident, suicide, homicide, or undetermined.
- Emergency preparedness for events where mass fatalities might be expected.
- Follow reporting procedures to various agencies.
- Identification of the decedent through circumstantial and/or scientific means.
- Location and notification of next of kin.
- Miscellaneous responsibilities such as identifying and handling human remains, returning Native American remains to the appropriate tribe, caring for indigent remains, discussing investigation results with next of kin, and public awareness programs.
View and download the Coroner Hospice Form (PDF)