Code Compliance

This contains general information concerning a possible violation on a particular piece of property. Contact the Building Department for specific information.

How Do I File a Complaint?

We must have a written, signed complaint which includes your name and address. We will also ask for the nature of the complaint, the name of the person who owns the property you are complaining about, and directions to the property.

Complaint forms can be obtained by contacting our Code Compliance Officer, Frank T. Hewey, or downloading the form from the link below.

Please mail completed forms to the following address:
Klickitat County Code Compliance
Attn:  Frank T. Hewey - Personal & Confidential
228 W Main Street, MS-CH-20
Goldendale, WA 98620

Complaint/Violation Report

Do You Give Anyone My Name?

Revised Code of Washington, Title 42.56.240(2) allows you to remain anonymous at your request, if you should so choose.

How Will You Handle The Complaint?

  • We will verify the existence of the alleged violation in the field. Depending on the type of violation, this may be done by a visual analysis, discussions with the owner/occupant, and/or research of existing records.
  • Determine the next step to be taken (i.e. certified letter sent, notify other agencies, etc.).
  • The final step of this phase is to define the corrective measures necessary to eliminate the violation from the property, and to determine an appropriate time frame for the corrective action to take place. The key here and throughout the process is to be flexible in establishing reasonable time frames for correction of the violation.
  • If the violator is not cooperative and fails to respond to attempts to gain compliance, he/she could be subject to penalties as established in Klickitat County Code.
If you have any questions, please contact the Klickitat County Building Department or
Frank T. Hewey, Code Compliance Officer, at 509-773-3706 or 800-583-8078.