Appealing your Assessment

Where to Send Your Appeal

Please send your completed form to:
Klickitat County Board of Equalization,
205 South Columbus, Room 103, MS-CH-04
Goldendale, WA 98620

Please follow the instructions outlined in this section in order to appeal your assessment properly.
  1. Disagreeing With Your Assessment

    If you disagree with the assessed value of your property, we encourage you to contact our office to review your valuation. In some cases, we may have incorrect characteristics that may change the value of your assessment. Many property owners can often settle disagreements at this level without having to continue the appeals process. However, you still need to preserve your appeal rights by filing your appeal form with the Board of Equalization.

  2. How Your Property is Assessed

    State Law requires the Assessor to value all taxable property at 100 percent of its true and fair market value. Klickitat County is now on an annual revaluation cycle. This means that all property is revalued every year. To accomplish the task of revaluing all 21,000 parcels in Klickitat County every year, we use a methodology called Mass Appraisal.

  3. Obtain an Appeals Form

    Learn the various ways that you can get the appeal forms that you need.

  4. Understand the Board of Equalization

    Learn about the different functions of the Board of Equalization.