Lactation, Breastfeeding and Chestfeeding
WIC is here to help you meet your breastfeeding goals. We have breastfeeding experts on staff to answer your questions and address your concerns before and after your baby is born. We know breastfeeding can sometimes be challenging in the beginning, but it gets easier. WIC can help you through these challenges and keep you breastfeeding.
It’s normal to have questions about breastfeeding. Most parents need help when first starting to breastfeed.
WIC supports breastfeeding moms by providing:
- The greatest variety and amount of nutrient-rich foods for moms who breastfeed the most.
- Fully breastfeeding and partially breastfeeding moms with WIC foods for up to a year.
- Access to breastfeeding experts, including lactation consultants and peer counselors. We have peer counselors for both White Salmon and Goldendale WIC participants.
- Breast pumps for moms working or going to school.
- Extra support for moms with special health needs and at-risk babies.
Comparing Human Milk vs. Formula
Contact Us Today
Call WIC staff to find out more.
White Salmon (509)-493-1558
- Local Breastfeeding Resources (PDF)
- First Droplet
- La Leche League International
- Video Comparing Human Milk vs. Formula
- COVID-19 Vaccines While Pregnant or Breastfeeding
- Perinatal Mental Health Support Group
- Local Breastfeeding Support Groups
Washington WIC Nutrition Program does not discriminate.
For more information about the WIC program, you can visit the Washington State WIC Website or call us at White Salmon, (509) 493-1558 or toll free 1-888-267-1199 Goldendale (509) 773-4565 or toll free 1-888-291-3521.