COVID-19 Testing Resources
Klickitat County Health Department is not performing COVID-19 testing at this time. However, test kits are available through the health department for those who are currently experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Please call either the Goldendale or White Salmon office to check if there are testing kits available. If the person who is picking up the test has recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or is having any symptoms, please call the front desk and we will have someone deliver the test kits outside the front door. Please do not come into the building if you are currently experiencing symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19.
Resources for no cost, mail delivered testing kits:
- Department of Health & Human Services: Get free at-home COVID-19 test kits. Every home in the US is eligible to order 4 free at-home COVID-19 tests. Orders will usually ship in 7-12 days.
- Washington State Department of Health: Home test kits can also be ordered and shipped directly to Washington State households at no cost. Supplies will be limited at first but will restock as more kits are supplied to the State.
If you need testing now, visit https://www.gorgeimpact.com/testing for local Gorge providers.
At-Home COVID-19 Test Kit Information
When to test:
- Anytime once symptoms appear
- 5-7 days after being exposed to someone with COVID-19
Who should use this test:
- Anyone who has symptoms such as cough, fever, chills, shortness of breath, loss sense of taste or smell, headache, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, diarrhea, nausea vomiting, weakness, or fatigue
- Anyone who has been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19. A close contact means being less than 6 feet away from an infected person for a total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period.
How to use this test:
Read through the instructions included in the test kit. Make sure you understand them and can follow the steps exactly before taking the test. If you need help, please ask someone.
If you test positive:
- Isolate If you test positive for COVID 19, even if you don’t have symptoms or have symptoms and are waiting for test results. These apply to everyone, regardless of vaccination status
- Stay home for 5 days
- If you have no symptoms or you are getting better after 5 days, you can stop isolating. If you have a fever, continue to stay home until your fever resolves
- Continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days
If you have been exposed but test negative: Pay attention to how you feel and test again in a few days if you’re feeling sick. Wear a mask and limit your contact with others
For more information:
- Contact your health care provider if you are worried or have questions.
- If you need help with groceries or supplies, please call Washington Gorge Action Programs at (509) 493-2662.
- To report a positive test, please go to https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/COVID19/WANotify
- If you are having severe symptoms of COVID-19, such as difficulty breathing, please seek emergency medical attention right away, or dial 911.