Klickitat County is currently in Phase 2 of the Governor’s phased approach to the "Safe Start" plan. You can read more about the phased approach here.
There are 5 key metrics for determining when a county can move through phases; COVID-19 activity, testing, healthcare system readiness, case investigation and contact tracing, and the protection of populations at higher risk. You can read more about these metrics and see how our county is assessed here.
If you would like to read the County Variance Approval letter click HERE.
|City / Town||Positive Cases||Recovered||Deaths|
|Age Range||Case Count||Deceased|
Frequently Asked Questions
Klickitat County Health Department Services During the COVID-19 County Offices Closure
- The water labs will be open in both Goldendale and White Salmon Monday through Thursday starting 6/22 during normal business hours. Prior to dropping off water samples, you must still call the Health Department to receive information on the drop off process.
- We are processing site evaluations, septic designs, and OSS permits related to new and existing building permits.
- All fees must be mailed in via check or paid via cash and placed in dropbox. No receipts will be given at the time of drop off but can be mailed or emailed upon request.
- Most appointments can be completed via phone call.
- All clients will be screened by phone when the appointment is confirmed. You must complete screening prior to in-person appointments.
- If possible, only the client should enter the clinic, no support persons or children. If others must attend, they will need to complete screening questions at the same time as the client.
- The majority of appointments can be done via phone call. Any appointments that must be done in person will complete screening questions prior to appointment.
- New clients will need to complete screening questions prior to coming to the office for their card.
Birth Certificates/Death Certificates
- Death Certificates requests need to be emailed or faxed. Staff will contact you when they are ready with instructions for pickup.
- Birth Certificates: please call the office for instructions.
- If the request is non-urgent, please mail in forms and payment and staff will mail the certificate to you.
- If the request is urgent or time sensitive, please print form at home, fill out the form and drop it off in our dropbox along with a check or cash in an envelope. Staff will call you and let you know when the certificate is available to be picked up.
- We will only be offering TDAP on an emergent case by case basis. Please call ahead and request a consultation with a nurse.