Guardianship & Trust Forms
Klickitat County Superior Court appoints guardians for people who lack the capacity to make or communicate decisions because of mental or physical disability. While the goal of guardianship is to protect, people under guardianship can lose many important rights, including the right to vote, the right to drive, the right to decide where they will live, and the right to decide how their money will be used. Klickitat County's Superior Court Judges are committed to keeping Klickitat County's incapacitated people safe from abuse and exploitation.
Klickitat County Superior Court Guardianship Monitoring Program was implemented to improve the Superior Court's ability to monitor guardians' handling of the ongoing care and financial affairs of Klickitat County's incapacitated citizens under court-supervised guardianship's. The court utilizes trained volunteers as Records Researchers, Financial Auditors, and Court Visitors.
Petition for Guardianship & Annual Reports
Effective July 22, 2011, House Bill 1053 has amended RCW 11.88 and 11.92 and will require additional steps to petition for guardianship or to have your annual reports approved.
For Persons Seeking Appointment as Guardians
- Proof of Completion of Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) online guardian training must be filed with the petition to establish guardianship.
- All letters of guardianship issued after July 22, 2011, will have an expiration date. Annual reports must be submitted within 90 days of the anniversary date of appointment so the report can be approved before letters expire.
- The following forms must be completed and filed within 90 days from date of guardian appointment:
- Designation Standby Guardian (Form #23, WPF GDN 04.0350)
- Notice of Right to Request Special Notice (Form #25, WPF GDN 04.0800)
- A Guardianship Summary information form must be included in any Order Appointing Guardian/Successor Guardian. If an attorney is representing the petitioner, he or she will prepare this form.
- Guardianship Forms Packet